Estates Maintenance Manager
Estates Maintenance Manager
Salary: £35,000 Per Annum
I’m recruiting an Estates Maintenance Manager for a highly-regarded and beautiful rural Estate in scenic North Wales. The Estate contains a large and diverse property portfolio, including holiday lets, let houses and a substantial heritage property. Annual repair and maintenance spend across the Estates building has in recent years been circa £500,000.
A desire has emerged to increase internal Estates Management capacity, consequently the Estate owner now seeks a high-quality Estates Maintenance Manager. Reporting into the Estates Manager, the appointee will quickly become a key member of a small Estates Manager team that is committed to quality.
The appointee will be tasked with the following:
· Producing annual R&M budget including for planned and active repairs and priority projects
· Reporting against budgets for monthly management accounts and the Estate owner’s annual meetings
· Cost Control and Financial appraisal of projects
· Programming work and putting repair work out to tender
· Compliance with planning regulations and listed building consents
· Property inspections
· Liaison with occupied property tenants and commercial teams managing residential / holiday lettings portfolios
· Other general Estates Management / Maintenance duties that will ensure smooth running of the estate
The appointed individual will need to have the following skills and experience:
· Construction experience with the delivery of small projects up to circa £75,000 in value
· Good communication skills, teamwork ethic, IT experience, confidence to negotiate with build contractors and other external suppliers and own transport and a driving license
· An understanding of the specialist building skills required to maintain heritage property
The appointed individual will be rewarded with a competitive package of salary and benefits, negotiable dependent on experience but in the region of £35,000 a year (reviewed annually) plus 6% pension contribution (subject to employee contribution of 3%) and company phone for business use. If appropriate, a relocation package / accommodation contribution could be made available for the right exceptional candidate. This could be a great benefit that could provide a superb quality of life given the location and quality of the estate. Please note that the quoted salary is negotiable in the case of an exceptional candidate.
For more information, please don't hesitate to to contact Lee Fallon or apply through this page in complete confidence.
Benson Clarke Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (as defined in section 13(2) of the Employment Agencies Act 1973) in respect of this vacancy.
Benson Clarke is an independent Recruitment Consultancy that specialises in placing the highest-calibre Property, Construction & Engineering professionals throughout the UK. As the sector continues to bounce-back at rapid pace, we are interested in speaking to high-calibre experienced individuals interested in exploring the market. Please feel free to get in touch for a confidential discussion should you wish to explore the market or indeed should you wish to Recruit.