Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing & Commercial Contractor - Permanent - Essex - Up to £45k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing social housing & commercial maintenance contractor based in High Wycombe. The contract includes a variation of external planned maintenance works such as roofing, external decorations, window replacements/refurbishments, fascia’s & soffits and brick restorations. The role will consist of duties such as pricing works, procuring & managing sub-contractors. My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor that is keen to work for a main contractor and eager progress within their career.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
* Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
* Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
* To maintain established profit margins
* To price all works in line with current market conditions
* To improve where possible company profits
* To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
* Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
* Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
* Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
* Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
* Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Preparing scopes and pricing works, SOR coding using NHF or equivalent
My client are a social housing maintenance contractor with a varied portfolio of clients consisting of a number of local authorities as well as commercial clients. Down to growth within the business they have a very exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor.
Successful candidates will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor and financial knowledge of construction costs. They will have a understanding of contracts and the tender process and managing packages of work. They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying.
If you require any further information please feel free to contact me on .