MBA are recruiting for an exciting global organisation where their people are at the heart of everything they do. They are a strong, safe and regulated organisation with an established and experienced management team and our clients can feel confident that we will work with them in pursuit of customer service excellence.
Our client is renowned for their claims management expertise. They work in partnership with their clients through shared values and enthusiasm for service excellence and to jointly focus on what matters most to our customers. Their great training, combined with a commitment for continued development is a core value and they are now seeking like-minded claims professionals who share their passion and will excel in their work.
We are looking for a Claims Handler to join their close knit team based in their Glasgow office
To pro-actively handle claims from a variety of insurers in a manner that supports efficient and effective settlement for the policy holder.
To add value to the customer journey by providing sound technical advice and keeping the policy holder informed at key stages.
- To deliver a first class end to end claims handling service - progressing claims efficiently and fairly in a manner that supports the customer and partners our insurer clients brand and values
- To investigate the nature of the claim with the policy holder, establish policy cover and set a strategy for resolution by working in tandem with the Loss Adjuster understanding each individual demand and likely outcomes
- To really understand what matters to the customer and put this first - agree visit details, undertake pre visit actions such as appointing suppliers, arranging alternative accommodation etc
- To identify and understand the nature of any blockages and failure demand - take ownership of issues to identify problem at root cause and adopt getting it right at first time principle to enhance customer experience
- To ensure that time spent adds value to the claims life cycle - undertake value work to actively progress claim, control costs and reduce indemnity spend
- To accurately input all associated claim information (including new claim details) onto the Company's bespoke systems to validate key milestones in the claim journey
- To take sole responsibility for every claim personally handled - ensure parties are kept informed and work closely with Adjuster and suppliers to build on end to end flow
- To build strong relations with colleagues, brokers, and suppliers to ensure seamless claims handling service
- To capture feedback and continuously look for systems improvement to enhance the overall claims handling process
- To promote the Company's ethics and values and focus on first principles of getting it right for the customer.
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Previous experience in claims handling is advantageous
- Ideally possess Insurance qualification but essential to show commitment to study and gain knowledge
- Good problem solving skills to identify failure demand and initiate resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey technical information in a clear and concise way
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to build rapport and manage customer expectations
- Good influencing and negotiation skills in order to settle claims fairly and promptly
- Good organisational skills to co-ordinate and deliver on a variety of actions concurrently, delivering every time to high standards
- Strong computer literacy skills to make effective use of a variety of ICT platforms and applications.
This is a full time permanent role with working hours of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Starting salary is £18,000 to £22,000 and you also have the chance to gain professional qualifications within the industry which will be funded by the company.