Hudson James are working with a leading corporate finance house who are seeking a corporate finance associate. This position will sit in their lead advisory team and be involved with all aspects of the M&A cycle including, preparation of pitch documents, analysis of transaction and all day to day project work. You will be working with corporate companies on all their M&A related projects and be heavily involved with business development and creating your own network of contacts.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a rapidly growing and highly collaborative corporate finance advisory team. The successful candidate will take on significant responsibility as part of lean transaction teams, including transaction leadership and frequent client access. Top performers will benefit from career advancement opportunities as well as the potential for international placements. They are looking to hire immediately in order to support rapid growth in their office in the City of London.
Key Responsibilities and challenges:
- Perform complex modelling and valuation analyses
- Execute M&A assignments while demonstrating the ability to take on transaction leadership responsibilities in the near- to medium-term
- Develop client marketing materials, including confidential information memorandums and management presentations, in support of sale transactions
- Lead due diligence activities, including the collection and organization of data required in order to facilitate transaction execution
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Research and prepare presentations which identify and explain consulting industry trends
Professional Experience Required
- 2 to 5 years of experience in investment banking, transaction services or related corporate experience
- Strong grasp of corporate finance, including transaction-related exposure to financial modelling, valuation and accounting
- Advanced industry analysis and ability to abstract trends and insights from primary data
- Exemplary academic record and demonstrated commitment to achievement
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Passion for the Consulting and IT Services sectors
- Professionalism, maturity and executive presence
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with a proactive approach and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work effectively under pressure by employing strong time management skills
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Strong commitment to clients, colleagues and the Company
- Qualification to degree level in an appropriate discipline.
- Professional qualification would be desirable although not essential, you must have demonstrated technical training gained at a recognised advisory firm.
- First Class communication and presentation skills
- Ability to "think on your feet"
- Passionate about technology and the opportunities it can offer
- Excellent documentation / administration skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Must excel during periods of high stress environments
- Able to challenge requirements to improve them
- Detail Focused
- Well rounded
- Innovative problem solving skills
You will ideally be an emerging Corporate Finance professional and be able to support and add value in the full cycle of transactions, this is an exciting opportunity to join a leading M&A House and be part one of their on-going growth plans. This firm are able to offer excellent career progression and all the training necessary to help develop your career.