Our client is a progressive and award winning company based in Cookstown, Co Tyrone who provides innovative heavy engineering solutions.
The company now wish to appoint a Quality Manager to the team who can thrive in an environment that is meticulous about exceeding customer expectations on product quality and furthering business performance.
Job Purpose- Quality Manager
To ensure all products and services are delivered and presented in an excellent and consistent manner. The successful applicant will play a key role in driving and enforcing quality frameworks and best practices communicating effectively across all aspects of the company,
Ultimately enhancing the Quality of Excellence policy throughout the Company thus ensuring products, equipment and people exceed both internal and external expectations.
Responsibilities- Quality Manager
- To effectively manage and control all aspects of the Quality Management system, making sure all ISO accreditation's are upheld.
- Further develop and harmonise the Company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Update the Company’s ERP systems with any changes to the policies and procedures.
- To create and control a non-conformance process.
- Implement, develop and review the sites quality management arrangements, in line with ISO9001 and PAS99, and 14001/18001 to provide a robust quality system and an Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Identity potential quality issues before they affect project lead times and facilitate the implementation of effective solutions.
- Ensure all finished products meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Liaise with the purchasing team to set in stone quality requirements for external suppliers.
- Access and confirm all processes abide by relevant legislation and meet national and international standards.
- Finalise and implement in-house standards of quality.
- Examine ways to further reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Communicate the quality procedures to all team members and provide monthly updates to the head of SHEQ.
- Manage and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement requirements highlighted in any risk assessments, idea generation, feedback from site and continuous improvement process.
- Ensure ideas fed back from site are recorded and changes to products and processes are put in place for improvement.
- Monitor and record performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Use quality methods and software to analysis and improve quality and productivity.
- Continue to strive to ensure the Company’s quality culture is outstanding with-in the industry thus providing a competitive edge.
- Provide training to operational staff, enhancing their knowledge and understanding of quality.
- Hold regular audits within the Factory to regulate the Company’s excellent reputation of quality for all equipment exported
- Hold regular audits onsite at the installation, commissioning and close-out stage.
- Ensure health and safety policies are incorporated into the overall quality management process.
- Provide updates to senior managers and directors around quality issues.
Person Specification- Quality Manager
- Undergraduate degree or HND equivalent, relevant to quality.
- At least 4 years’ experience in project management and quality control.
- Hold a Quality Qualification such as TPM or equivalent.
- Fully aware and have strong understanding of all applicable ISO standards.
- Must have led and performed previous quality audits.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting. The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.