Location: North London
Pay: £17,000 per annum (pro rata)
Contract - Permanent.
Corus Consultancy are searching for an experienced activities coordinator for our client a renowned company in North London on a permanent basis working part-time 15 hours per week.
What you will be doing
The roles will involve facilitating the evening (4pm-9pm) and weekend (1pm-6pm) activities
programme on for young people. Experience working with young people both individually and in groups, or experience working in a mental health setting is desirable. Experience working within a specific therapy modality (e.g. DBT, CBT) would be an advantage.
- Provide activities that the individuals will enjoy and also expand their range of experiences and skills.
- Ensure the safety of the individuals at all times whilst enabling people who use our service to undertake activities of their choice
- Provide opportunities for mental and physical stimulation
- Provide activities that are tailored to the needs and abilities of the individual, while also providing group activities that will bring the individuals together.
- Find the balance between arranging activities that the individuals like doing and activities that will expose the individuals to new experiences.
- Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their skills and experiences in engaging with patients, effectively managing risk and promoting patient involvement in their care and treatment.
- Where appropriate teach the individuals skills for life, such as budgeting, travel (i.e. on public transport), cooking, shopping, finding a job etc.
- Arrange transport and accommodation for individuals' outings where necessary.
What we require from you
A great attitude and supportive approach with the willingness to deliver a great service and experience for all patients.
You should have at least 18 months experience as an activities coordinator. A Minimum NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care is a requirement.
Interviews are being schedule during the next 2 weeks, so please apply immediately if you're interested.
Please note - this position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.