PRODUCT SPECIALIST (MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL ENGINEER)
A position has opened with a global medical manufacturer whose latest project is the pinnacle of the treatment for cancer among other medical project developments.
We are looking for someone with high competency and experience with hands on mechanical/electrical skills who can analyse and re-design complex components and processes of high valued medical equipment, reducing the need for servicing whilst maintaining the functionality and efficiency of the product. This role will be based through concept to maintenance in the full product life cycle, you will work closely with the research and development department, working to tight deadlines in order to move projects along quickly. Communication will be key arranging meetings, producing reports and ensuring the right members of the team are excelling in their areas to achieve a larger output. The role will carry an array of technical aspects in to daily activities and will carry right through to customer liaison with highly technical support.
- Provide high level technical assistance to engineers, appointed agents and distributors.
- To be a Support Leader on assigned projects and represent the needs of field Support within the project.
- To consult Technical Support & Service Engineers in the capture and definition of service product and process improvements and describe these as requirements.
- To provide and manage plans, schedules and perform responsibilities of a support Leader as defined in PCP.
- To specify, installation, service, documentation, spare parts and training requirements and to ensure that the product meets them.
- To plan and execute final service product validation.
- To plan and install service pilot projects.
- Provide on site assistance when required.
- To provide technical resolution to assigned CFRs.
- Participates in modification kit design reviews held by R&D.
- Verify and validate Technical Documentation as required.
- Create and review Field Change Orders (FCOs) for field modifications.
- Writing and validating Technical Tips.
- Exceptional technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly conversant and experienced within a medical portfolio
- Excellent customer skills and proactive communicator
- Good negotiation skills capable of rational, structured and logical thinking. Written and verbal output must be concise and accurate
- To possess proven mechanical, electrical and computer skills at practical and conceptual levels
- To be willing to travel to site and be willing to work around a clinical schedule including unsociable hours and weekends to resolve customer issues
- To engender and uphold company values and to represent service in a professional and positive manner
- Experience using global business systems
- Min. HND/HNC Electronic & Electrical/Mechanical engineering or scientific background
- Strong overall product knowledge
- Strong analytical skills able to solve personal and business level problems
- Experience working in project environments
If you would like to be a part of this revolutionary and rare opportunity, get in touch quickly for a hasty response from the team.
FMC contact for this role: Alex Dobricic