Principal Design Engineer - Chassis
Principal Engineer - Chassis Design - Coventry £neg
I am seeking an experienced Chassis Design Engineer to work for a Coventry based but international automotive consultancy. This role is working on a modular platform primarily on suspension and axle systems. The role is permanent in nature and does carry a high degree of engineering responsibility.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for dynamic chassis system design from concept to production.
- Identify suitable design solutions, materials and manufacturing methods.
- be responsible for geometry design working closely with MBD team. Create kinematics in CATIA V5.
- work with an international design team.
- give guidance, and targets to subordinates.
- support generation of DFMEA.
What You Will Need:
- Degree in Engineering, possibly Chartered.
- Detailed knowledge of suspension and axle mechanical design with a broader understanding of the wider chassis area.
- Be fully conversant with CATIA V5, modelling, detailing and KandC.
- Understanding of CAE techniques.
What You Will Get:
- Blue-chip employer with a high degree of engineering responsibility that will catapult your career
- Salary and benefits package to be discussed at submission stage
- On site parking, early finish Friday
Please attach CV and details of current salary and notice period. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details including salary package. However should you wish to discuss your application beforehand, please contact Jeff Lane on
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.