Quality Engineer, £30000 to £35000
Primarily responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering aspects of manufactured products, interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal staff. Support Quality Management Systems including ISO9001 / AS9100. Support continuous improvement and drive route cause investigations.
Key parts of the role include:
· Investigate Quality related matters from Customers, in house production & Supply chain.
· Document results of Quality investigations relating to Customer Complaints & Supplier non-conformance.
· Document corrective & preventive actions from Customer Complaints & Internal Process Investigations & Audits and management of resulting actions.
· Agree and implement corrective action resulting from supplier assessments.
· Conduct quality related training as necessary.
· Deal with day to day quality issues.
· Conduct quality based projects as required.
· Work with department managers to ensure manuals are fit, effective and communicated
· Create manufacturing control documentation i.e. control plans, key feature check-sheets & care points
· HNC or equivalent with mechanical engineering content.
· Relevant QA professional qualification
· Experience in quality focused roles in a mix of engineering projects and low volume mechanical engineering based activities - Quality Consulting, Quality Engineering or Systems implementation an advantage.
· Experience of working in a precision machining environment, from a quality engineering perspective.
· Be able to read complex technical drawings