Proactive Personnel are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of their client for a Estimator in Central Birmingham.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join a UK market leader of safety solutions. The company undertakes a wide variety of projects across a number of sectors within the construction industry.
THE JOB ROLE
- Office based job working from CAD drawings to create estimates
- Present estimates to customers and send relevant quotations across to the sales team
- Providing accurate quotations based on drawings, specifications, schedules and bills of quantities
- The information you will be working from appertains to the construction industry, predominantly commercial buildings
- Learning the concepts and procedures of estimating
- Inputting data into a spreadsheet recording the quotations
- Ongoing training is given to improve technical understanding and allow progression in the company
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- Sound knowledge of the construction industry
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good eye for detail and the ability to recognise problems, to interpret and advice alternatives
- IT literate particularly in the use of Word, Excel spreadsheets and the use of formulae etc, AutoCad and Adobe Illustrator would be useful
- Good numeric and geometrical skills
- 12 week temporary to permanent contract, Monday - Friday 8.30am-5pm (40 hours), Up to £23K
To apply for this position press apply now or call Rachel Brookes in Walsall for more information. This vacancy is being advertised by Proactive Personnel LTD. The services advertised by Proactive Personnel LTD are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.