IT SUPPORT ENGINEER, Newmarket: £25k to £30k DOE
IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
A brand new opportunity to join a fantastic organisation based in Newmarket. Reporting to the Head of IT, the key purpose of your role will be to provide IT Support to staff as well as participating in the evolution of company systems, going forward.
Working as a key part of the IT Team, you will support Windows, Macintosh and iOS platforms and will help to ensure the stable operation of the Network, Server, Desktop and Mobile Infrastructure environments.
This role is incredibly broad, varied and will expose you to a variety of technology support challenges within an interesting business across all disciplines from networks to applications. In addition to support work, the role will involve participation in project implementations and technology rollouts.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Support users in the getting the best from their hardware and software
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software incidents/problems on a daily basis
- Record incident tickets on the company helpdesk system
- Be familiar with incident and problem management and change management
- Provide personable service support to business colleagues
- Update end users about solution(s)/work around(s) to IT incidents and problems
- Contribute to the development of IT polices, processes and procedures
- Install, maintain and support business applications
- Build, install and maintain user desktops (PC & Mac)
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s)
- Prioritise and manage several open tickets and mini projects at one time
- Keep up to date with advancements in information technology
- Participate in the documentation and maintenance of IT systems records
- Work with a variety of external technical teams to deliver and enhance IT Services
- Be responsible for systems monitoring the health of the network and infrastructure
- Support end users with hardware and software issues
- Monitor our backup processes and administer backups and restores as necessary
- Maintain and manage IT consumables stock.
The ideal candidate will be coming with experience of working within an IT Service Delivery Team and will be familiar with BOTH the Windows and Macintosh platforms. Customer service, patience and exceptional communication skills are absolutely essential for this position, as is a flexible, versatile approach to your work.
You will have had a broad exposure to IT technologies and will be someone that is naturally curious about technology. You’ll be comfortable talking to people at different levels of responsibility in the organisation and will have a strong desire to support end users by providing the best solutions possible - in the most helpful manner. Your aim is to help the end user (of varying technical ability) to get the best from their tools. You must be a self-starter, capable of researching solutions to technical problems and will demonstrate an ability to self-organise and prioritise your own workload.
Other areas of expertise/familiarity with the following would be advantageous:
- Good understanding of Incident and Problem management
- Past experience using helpdesk applications
- Previous IT projects or systems implementation experience
- PC image building and automated deployment tools
- Active Directory administration.
- Experience in a VMware environment
- Exchange 2010 administration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Symantec Endpoint administration
- Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
- ITIL Certified
- Windows 7 pro
- Windows 10 pro
- Mac OS 10
- iOS platform support and administration
If this sounds like a match for your skills and experience and you’re looking to take the next step in your IT career, then please get in touch today for more information.