Electrical Design Engineer Graduate
Our Abingdon based client is currently looking for Electrical Design Engineer's of all levels (graduate - senior) to join their thriving Nanotechnology company.
You will be an Electrical Design Engineer, ready to take the next step as a key player in the design and development of machine accessories and retro-fits, for both current and new equiptment and automation. You will also be highly involved in identifying and solving problems related to production processes, equiptment and manufacturability.
You will be a great communicator, and will ensure that the company's innovative technology is implemented and maintained efficiently and within the parameters defined.
- Working in conjuction with mechanical and automation engineering, and R&D in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines
- Project managing with hands-on ownership of all aspects of prototype developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensuring all prototypes are built to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assisting the R&D, Service and support and Manufactoring teams as and when required (time permitting)
- Occasional travelling may be required for this post
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical / Electrical Design Engineering (preferred); Other technical qualifications considered
- Strong Solidworks Electrical design capabilities; other design packages considered
- The candidate needs excellent problem solving skills and must possess and be able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- 'Cradle to grave' development experience, with exposure to supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- BOM Creation and management
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in machine design and development
- knowledge of PLS / PAC software development
- Knowledge of vacuum pump systems
- Proficient in the use of test / diagnostics equipment
- Experience of CE / UL standards would be advantageous including; BS EN60204 Electical Machine safety, BS EN12100 Machine Safety Risk Assessment
- Alternate Component selection and qualification
- Participating in activities with cross disciplinary project teams
Our client is willing to welcome candidates with under 5 years experience to apply, as they are happy to offer development for the right person.
Very competitive package available for the right person.