OPPORTUNITY to join a business which achieves year on year DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH! Recently commissioned a MULTI MILLION-pound investment, which has INCREASED CAPACITY by 30%. Company is part of a GLOBAL industrial group with advanced products and a WORLD-LEADING market position. The Group has c47,000 employees and representation in 130 countries, with annual sales of c£8 billion. With companies located all over the world, the operation in Neath, South Wales is well-established and continues to enjoy strong demand for its products.
What we can offer?
£25,000 - £30,000 + bonus (up to 8%) + 7% pension+ 25 days' holiday.
Monday - Friday 35 hours per week.
About the Quality Technician position
The successful quality technician will be responsible for controlling documentation relating to customer requirements. Carrying out sampling plans, analyses and reporting on findings and areas for improvement.
- Conduct all quality technician activities in compliance with company safety policies with a 'Safety-First' mentality.
- Develop the company's current quality management system and assist with the creation of new procedures to facilitate AS9100 certification.
- Carry out sampling plans and process audits with a view to ensuring that process instructions and testing regimes are effective.
- Highlight areas for improvement in process methods and opportunities for training and standardisation.
- Investigate process and product non-conformances. Improve right first time ratios and maximise yield.
- Identify and implement cost reductions to maximise process throughput and minimize cost of raw materials and process consumables.
- Develop quality and sampling plans for key raw materials, carrying out selected supplier audits.
- Respond to customer complaints and queries to resolve quality problems and drive continual improvement.
- Supporting process / product development for new and emerging products with quality planning and implementation of new procedures.
About you and what you will need to be a successful Quality Technician
- Must have a degree in material science, metallurgy, chemistry or manufacturing engineering.
- A proven track record within a quality position gained within the manufacturing sector.
- A well-developed knowledge of ISO9001 or other similar quality system is essential.
- Should have experience of statistical process control and route cause analysis.
- Must be happy to work with quality systems and play an active role in product and material sampling on the shop floor / laboratory.
- Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and or 5S experience would be an advantage.
Please click the apply button to submit your CV.
By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database. NOTE we will NOT present your details to any client without speaking to you and seeking verbal consent first.