Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
We are seeking a highly visible Finance Business Partner for our finance team based in Glasgow. This is a newly created role with key business partnering duties working with operations, responsible for net profit reporting and analysis of reported performance against expectations. We are looking for someone who enjoys working alongside service teams to influence business performance. The role combines strategic thinking with hands on activity, operating across a growing portfolio.
Reporting to Head of Finance
- Partner with operational heads of service to deliver accurate and timely forecasts of financial performance, taking account any potential operational risks and opportunities.
- Provide financial guidance and commercial challenge to the Operational management team.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting for the contract on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate representation of monthly P&L performance, posting all required ledger entries, reviewing the ledger to understand costs and supporting your transactions with appropriate reconciliations.
- Review reported performance against targets, challenge operations to produce and deliver action plans to improve the performance and ensure everyone understands and is able to explain the key drivers of variances.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business to influence financial performance and understand the contract, price and cost drivers and challenge assumptions where necessary.
- Review forecast against Business Plan and previous forecast targets, and ensure key drivers of variances are clearly understood.
- Produce accurate working capital forecasts, working to minimise working capital through accurate & timely billing to our client, and ensure query resolution on a timely basis.
- Deliver monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reporting to tight deadlines.
- Work with finance, operational and transformation teams to streamlining existing processes, designing new reports and processes where necessary.
- Help to identify requirements for change controls, working with the commercial and service teams to take account of changes to baseline.
Key Performance Measures
- Accuracy of monthly P&L and financial forecasts.
- Relevant areas of MI / business plans / reforecast prepared in accordance with guidelines.
- Monthly meetings held with relevant contract stakeholders to discuss performance and trends.
- Production of analysis / trends / risk & opportunity schedules with recommended actions.
- Any key issues highlighted.
- Accuracy & timeliness of key responsibilities.
- Working Capital kept to a minimum.
- Ability to use own judgement and initiative to anticipate and investigate queries.
Skills & Experience:
- Recently qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Previous experience in accounting role with strong Business Partner skills.
- Diligent, attention to detail, willing to challenge
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience of Business & Reporting systems (SAP desirable)
- Able to act on own initiative
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Good at communicating at all levels, with finance and non-finance teams.
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.