Lead Creative Designer
Lead Creative Designer
We are looking for a Lead Creative Designer who can help shape our clients creative strategy and direction within their frontend responsive web platform.
You will lead a team to create exciting experiences and inspiring visuals for the pure online business.
As the Lead Creative Designer you will share design knowledge with the designer team to address complex projects and problems and also be responsible for creating ideas, communications, maintain style guides and other design documents.
• Responsible for leading and guiding the graphic designers in the team
• Providing constant direction to designers to ensure a consistent and high creative standard
• Ensuring that designers are equipped with the right skills also by sharing own knowledge and experience
• Empowering other designers to take responsibility and actions by setting fair and defined levels
• While concentrating on the leading role, also taking part in the daily design tasks, enjoying working as a designer
• Forcing improvement initiatives as a value creator, continuously striving for efficiency and effectiveness and therefore reviewing processes and procedures on a regular basis
• Thinking creatively to produce new & innovative design ideas
• Working with the team across a variety projects including digital banners, gifs based creative, motion graphics and animations
• Monitoring of visual consistency, maintaining and improving style guides and other design documents
• Monitoring of the competition’s visual approaches
• Close collaboration and alignment with internal and external stakeholders
• Work as a team-player
Essential skills and experience
• 6-8 years’ experience in a digital/production design environment, highly competent in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Leadership skills, ideally proven track record of work experience in a lead role
• Like knowledge sharing and being a coach of graphic designers
• Strong understanding of branding
• Strong sense of composition and layout, typography and colour
• Keen and active interest in new and developing digital trends
• Solid understanding of web-technologies (html, css, flash)
• Enjoy problem solving and possess the ability to translate business problems into creative and compelling visual solutions
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain design concepts
• Proactive attitude
• Excellent time management and self-organisation
• Stress resistant, multi-tasking talent, very good attention to detail
• Interest in sports
• Fluent English
• Basic Sitecore knowledge is a benefit
About SPACE ecommerce recruitment ltd.
The launch pad for successful careers in the world of eCommerce and Digital sectors
eCommerce is the most exciting industry to work in, with new innovations and boundaries constantly being discovered and evolved.
The crew at SPACE have spent many years building relationships with clients and candidates who always want to push the boundaries and be at the forefront of innovation, to develop digital web and mobile platforms that give them and their customers the best experience and commercial success.
SPACE understands this and presents the most relevant and talented Technical, Creative, Marketing and Executive level professionals to clients internationally.
We have the experience of working across a full spectrum of ecommerce and digital clients, from start ups that need to build teams, to well established businesses who are fine tuning and adding strategically important hires.