iMultiply are delighted to be engaged exclusively on an Assistant Accountant position based in Edinburgh city centre.
This organisation are currently experiencing a period of significant growth and expansion. With a close-knit and fast paced finance function, the organisation are able to offer candidates the chance to gain valuable experience in a diverse role.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team reporting directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for running the accounts function from the transactional duties to assisting with the month end accounts. You will be expected to deliver high levels of quality work with exceptional attention to detail as well as being the first point of contact for suppliers and paying customers, therefore the successful candidate should be able to work off of their own initiative.
This is a great opportunity for someone with good communication and people skills to work in a diverse, energetic and interesting work environment where staff development is taken very seriously and there may the prospect for further progression within the business.
The position of Assistant Accountant is offering a salary of £20,000 - £25,000 including a generous holiday allowance and excellent benefits package. Although this position is full time there is the possibility to condense the hours into 4 days. Their offices are based in Edinburgh city centre and are easily accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not limited to the following duties
- Preparing the monthly accounts for all cost centres and projects to trail balance
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Process payroll
- Dealing with any supplier queries
- Stock Analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Processing of journals, accruals and prepayments
- Ad hoc duties
To be considered for this role candidates must have the following experience as a minimum:
- A minimum of 2 years working within a similar role
- Knowledge of Sage systems and Microsoft Excel
- Experience using the accountancy software Xero would be advantageous but not essential
- The ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please do not hesitate to contact Fiona Gardner for a private and confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.