Design Engineer (German Speaking)
Our client, a global leader in manufacturing parts for the automotive industry are looking recruit a German speaking Design Engineer.
To design and develop new and existing products to support our business. As a part of the design team, supporting the Sales team and the expansion of our business through liaison with external customers, internal departments and other sites.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Working within the guidelines of XXXXX Engineering standards and customer specifications.
- Development and modification of existing products to suit new customers and new applications.
- Visiting customers with the sales team to promote products and new business.
- Feasibility studies of new ideas from customers and internal departments
- Use of Catia to create and modify 3D models and 2D drawings for use within the business
- Investigation and benchmarking of competitor products
- Discussion and negotiations with customers (In German)
- Support internal departments in problem solving
- The application of 5s principles in the job and our working environment
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed.
- Fluent in German (or to a good standard)
- Good team working skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention
- Able to demonstrate a flair for problem solving and innovative thinking
- Idea Generation, invention and a creative mind
- Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineered solutions
- Competent user of the incumbent CAD and data management systems
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
If interested by this role, and have the necessary experience, please apply below or contact Scott at Ideal Burnley