Assistant Management Accountant
£20,000 - £25,000
My client, an exciting and rapidly-growing business in Plymouth, are seeking to appoint a highly professional AAT qualified, or part-qualified Accountant to join them on a permanent basis.
This role would suit a technical and commercially-minded individual who has developed their experience in practice and is now looking to move into industry into a challenging, yet very rewarding role.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- Accurate preparation and collation of Company accounts and budgets in liaison with the relevant senior managers, providing appropriate analysis as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of the management and statutory accounts
- Calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments
- Produce sales reports and analysing results
- Assisting with the annual budgets and forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly Reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Ad hoc reports and analysis and presenting figures to the Financial Director
In order to be considered for the role you must be:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA part-qualified, or at least AAT qualified
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a financial accounting role, or had experience of working and training within an accountancy practice
- Able to display a strong ability to lead and manage own work effectively and take responsibility for own professional development
- Career motivated, enthusiastic and highly professional
- Able to liaise effectively with colleagues and external parties of different levels of seniority
- Excellent organisation skills.