Associate Electrical Engineer
Exclusive opportunity! We are seeking an Associate Electrical Engineer - Building Services - (Power Systems Specialist) to join our award winning client in London. You will be working on a variety of prestigious and technically challenging projects, including; Data Centres/Mission critical facilities, Energy centres, Light industrial facilities, Laboratories and Healthcare projects, with Tier 1 Clients and Architects both in the UK and overseas.
You will need to be familiar and competent dealing with HV large scale power systems, including controls and protection design for HV generators. The role will require the ability to conceptualise a design through to full detail, site commissioning and problem solving/trouble shooting when failures have occurred.
Role Key responsibilities:
* Undertaking electrical design elements for projects of varying scales.
* Managing, preparing and co-ordinating the production of drawings, electrical reports and specifications
* Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
* Working closely and confidently with Clients and other members of the design team.
* Attending meetings and communicating with Clients to establish their needs and assist them agreeing a design brief - challenging a Client's requirements where appropriate.
* Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget followed by site monitoring and commissioning activities.
* Providing expert technical guidance, training and mentoring to junior members of the team.
* Knowledge of Uptime Institute design requirements
* Up to date knowledge and experience in the following areas required:
- High/Medium Voltage Distribution Systems including generators
- High/Medium Voltage Power Systems Controls and Protection Schemes
- Electrical Site/Building Load Assessments
- LV Standby Generation and major UPS systems
- Data Centres and Financial Services Establishments
- Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Substation / DNO Interface
Key role requirements:
You will be an enthusiastic Associate Electrical Engineer with excellent design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams. Comfortable taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
You will be committed to your own professional development and looking for challenging work to develop your career.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.