Deputy Company Secretary
This Internationally recognised and highly reputable Group company with offices in Cumbria are looking to appoint into the role of Deputy Company Secretary. These duties are currently the full responsibility of the Group Finance Director & Company Secretary, and this new opportunity has been created to provide support 3 or 4 days per week due to the continuous growth within this diverse and fast paced Group organisation.
What’s the role?
The Deputy Company Secretary will be involved in a range of activities covering areas such as managing the production of Board packs, production of sections of the Group’s Annual Report and Accounts, organising the AGM and maintaining accurate records and ensuring good corporate governance practice is maintained appropriate for a listed company.
There will also be ad hoc projects which they will be expected to lead.
The Deputy Company Secretary will be required to have excellent technical, organisational and administrative skills along with the ability to organise routine events in the company secretary calendar with confidence and efficiency.
The successful appointment will take a lead in managing areas within the Company Secretarial department, working with the Company Secretary, and two other support staff providing direction and assisting development of them.
What will they be responsible for?
Working with the Company Secretary, colleagues and Directors to:
- Manage the preparation and running of Executive Board meetings, Group Board meetings and Committees. This will involve coordination of agendas, Board Packs, minutes, calendars as well as responding to the queries of meeting members.
- Manage the preparation of sections of the Annual Report and statutory accounts. These will include the Corporate Governance and Committee reports plus some other areas.
- Comply with corporate governance provisions, such as documentation in respect of Market Abuse Rules.
- Review and implement policies and processes to ensure compliance with good governance.
- Prepare/co-ordinate/review announcements for Company Secretary approval.
- Coordinate responses to queries from investors or others.
- Provide general administrative support to the Company Secretary and the Directors.
- Manage the AGM and EGMs.
- Complying with all statutory filings including annual returns.
- Managing the company’s share incentive arrangements.
- Maintaining the statutory registers.
- Working with Legal, HR, Safety and Compliance to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Manage the Group’s reporting in respect of Corporate Responsibility including environmental and community issues.
- Assist with the management of two staff including development of their knowledge and experience.
What skills, experience and attributes are we looking for?
- The ability to work autonomously and flexibly in a fast paced environment.
- Proven experience of working in a company secretarial role in a Listed company
- A strong track record of developing strong relationships with stakeholders and senior executives and delivering high quality services and work.
- Strong competency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Experience of managing long term incentive plans is desirable.
- The ability to multi task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills to both internal and external employees or clients.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and numeracy.
- The ability to work unsupervised using own initiative
What qualification are we looking for?
- Company Secretarial qualification although candidates with other suitable qualifications/relevant experience will be considered.
- Legal or accounting qualification.
What is the salary package being offered and hours of work?
- This role can be carried out within 3 or 4 days per week (Flexible)
- Salary is negotiable and in line with market rate, £40,000 - £50,000 region.
- Company pension scheme and other employee scheme/benefits