UK Tax Consultant
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a UK Tax Consultant to join their EAME Tax division. The salary and bonus package on offer could be in excess of £90,000, dependant on experience, plus car allowance and an excellent blue chip benefits package. Relocation assistance may also be available for this position.
The UK Tax Consultant will provide tax advice and support to the UK businesses and minimise the legal tax liability of the enterprise. The successful candidate will provide Corporate Tax advice, conduct research and prepare Transfer Pricing documentation and provide tax support on M&A and major projects.
The UK Tax Consultant will also work with outside legal counsel and consultants to create, manage, and implement complex tax strategies. The UK Tax Consultant would be involved in planning, reviewing, and evaluating tax strategies to arrange business operations with the minimum tax exposure. They will also provide advice to business and service units concerning tax consequences of possible changes in business practices or accounting methods.
The UK Tax Consultant will develop and maintain up-to-date skills & knowledge on Corporate Tax, transfer pricing & related issues and monitor and communicate UK Corporate developments (including Transfer Pricing) to UK and EAME stakeholders. Identify and assist in the development and implementation of tax reduction planning strategies. And internally coordinate the implementation of tax reduction strategies when third-party consultants are involved.
The UK Tax Consultant will work with Business Units, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Treasury, Public Affairs, Legal Services Division, domestic and/or foreign subsidiary business managers on projects and specialist areas appropriate to knowledge and expertise.
Key Responsibilities of the UK Tax Consultant
- Providing general corporate tax advice
- Providing tax support for M&A and project work
- Conducting tax research and manage external tax advisors input for business initiatives of UK businesses considering impact of issues across multiple taxes & assess interactions with other jurisdictions reviewing the work product of other tax staff personnel
- Preparing UK Transfer Pricing documentation
- Providing Transfer Pricing advice and recommendations on business, financial or strategic issues to business leaders to achieve optimal balance between business objectives and enterprise tax effects
Qualifications and Experience required for the UK Tax Consultant role
- College degree or equivalent previous relevant experience
- Relevant Tax or Accounting qualification
- Previous relevant experience in UK Tax (including Transfer Pricing) in professional firm or in house for a multi-national organisation with significant international transactions
- Proven record of success and commitment to quality
- Strong analytical, process improvement & human relation skills
- Broad understanding of accounting, tax, and business processes and systems
- High levels of initiative, leadership, good judgment, and superior communication skills
- Language Skills - German or other European language
Key Competencies of the UK Tax Consultant
- Project Leadership
- Initiating action
- Building Partnerships
- Effective Communication
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.