Location: Hemel Hempstead some travel to London EC2 required
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
About the company
Our client provides financial derivatives in the form of CFDs, Spreads Bets or Margined FX, our client have a broad range of Clients including small institutions, high net worth clients and retail clients, who form a large part of our business.
Headquartered in London with a Technology Centre in Hemel Hempstead, we are a leading provider of online trading services and a new opportunity has arisen for a Web Developer to join our expanding team.
The Web Developer role:
As a Web Developer, you will be a part of the development team, responsible for the onward development of our client’s trading platforms and websites. You will have the opportunity to work on, and contribute to, all components within the platform to improve the stability, performance and functionality of the platforms and associated technology.
The successful candidate will work in an agile environment, working day to day in a Scrum Team delivering high quality software changes and enhancements for our client
They are looking for someone with enthusiasm for software development, creative problem solving and software technologies.
Duties of the Web Developer:
- Technical design and timely implementation of code changes and various system enhancements to our client’s trading platforms and websites according to technical specifications and the company’s design, coding and performance tuning standards.
- Work closely with your colleagues to review and contribute to technical specifications.
- Learn relevant web and middleware technologies and techniques as per the specific position within the team and share knowledge with your colleagues in the development team.
- Review peer code changes.
- Work closely with the Testing team to resolve issues that arise during the testing of developed software.
- Work with the company’s Support and Release teams to resolve problems with the deployment process of code changes and associated technology.
- Follow, expand and contribute to the company’s internal documentation system.
- Occasional visits to the London office as part of the company’s team to support specific project implementations or to assist in requirements gathering and business analysis activities.
- Ensure all codes of practice, systems of work and processes are adhered to.
- Work together with all other team and departments to ensure that our client and their other customers receive the best possible technology solutions.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the company’s
Essential Requirements of the Web Developer:
- Experience of ASP.net MVC and C#.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Familiarity with the unit testing of web solutions.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate issues succinctly and without ambiguity using appropriate technical vocabulary.
- Analysis and high/low level design capabilities using Object Orientated techniques.
- Enthusiasm for tackling difficult problems and proven analytical abilities.
- Strong awareness of timelines and task priority.
- Right to work in the UK.
Preferred additional requirements of the Web Developer:
- Experience working using the Agile/Scrum paradigm.
- Experience with TypeScript desirable.
- Experience with GIT source control.
- Experience of diagnosing and optimising performance of complex AngularJS web applications.
- Experience of developing highly scalable systems.
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience gained within Spread betting or CFD’s would be highly beneficial.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays increasing by 1 day per calendar year for 3 years, up to 28 days.
- Private medical cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Subsidized gym membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Salary sacrifice pension, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
Note these some benefits are made available after successful completion of a probationary period.
If you meet the requirements and feel this Web Developer role is for you, then please apply today!