Purchase Ledger Clerk
A Halifax based organisation are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their successful and growing business.
You will be responsible for processing and paying all suppliers whilst working with multiple currencies, ensuring all payments are made on time whilst complying with regulations.
* Ensure all documentation is kept updated, thus to enable others to complete primary duties when required.
* Maintenance of the purchase, ensuring its up to date at the month end.
* Paying cash expenses and handling petty cash.
* Supporting the Sales Ledger team in the processing of cheques received.
* Liaising with internal and external audit members to ensure a thorough and efficient audit.
* Various ad-hoc tasks when required by senior finance staff.
* Posting of monthly company bank statements, ensuring accuracy to nominal postings by end of each month.
* Preparation of accrual for month end.
* Preparation of Purchase Ledger accrual for month end.
* Log all invoices received in the building onto purchase register, then circulate to authorised personnel and make live on system using correct nominal/client codes within 5 days of receipt.
* Prepare weekly BACS and cheque runs to pay suppliers both in the UK and internationally.
* Respond to any supplier queries with professionalism.
* Ensure transactions occurring in foreign currencies are regularly matched to ensure that any foreign exchange gains or losses are booked correctly.
* Process any payments which occur outside of the purchase ledger runs.
The profile of individual we are looking for includes:
* Co-operative team member with a positive attitude
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a team
* The ability to manage their own work load to ensure all work is completed and deadlines are met
* Experience of using Open Accounting System is desirable
This is a fantastic individual for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a rapidly growing and fast paced finance team.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.