Back-End Developer - SW19
Technical Lead Developer, Wimbledon - up to £65,000 + good benefits including private healthcare
Do you want to work for an aspirational organisation providing products and solutions to the sport broadcasting industry?
At Deltatre, we work around the clock with clients including: Premier League Productions, BT Sport, UEFA, BBC, F1, Channel 4, RFU and ATP to provide the most entertaining and interactive experience to viewing sports’ fans.
We live a fan’s life and are passionate about what we do.
We have extended our permanent technical team and are looking for a Developer with strong back-end .NET and database development experience to work on our cutting edge digital deliveries, related services and applications.
Our products and solutions encompass the full range of digital media end-to-end, from acquisition, encoding and transcoding, distribution and delivery through to end user applications on web, mobile and OTT platforms.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web based projects. They must be able to demonstrate extensive development experience with back-end and database technologies, with a solid understanding of SQL and noSQL design & optimisation.
The candidate should have previous experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications and fully understand the wider implications of security and performance considerations.
If you have an interest in sports or experience of working in the sports industry, that would be extremely helpful for this role.
- Development of database driven web-based applications
- Maintenance, management and support of existing applications and databases
- Designing new solutions and enhancing existing projects
- Act as one of the team’s technical resources for SQL/noSQL knowledge
- Interact with various multi-disciplinary development teams, project-managers and stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of ASP.NET with C#, including: MVC, Web API, RESTful Web Services, Entity Framework/ORM
• Strong knowledge of SQL and noSQL technologies, encompassing: MSSQL, T-SQL, triggers/stored procedures, JSON, MongoDB, DocumentDB, XML, XPATH
• Use of SOLID principles and design patterns, TDD/BDD, and CI & CD
• An understanding of security, performance tuning and optimisation
• Well versed with Agile methodologies and ceremonies, use of TFS and Git-flow processes ideal
• Any experience with CMS, Video Streaming, Mobile or OTT development would be desirable
• Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
How To Apply
If you would like to be part of our team and feel you have the right skills and personality for this role, please send a short letter of application (including your salary requirements) and your curriculum vitae without delay!
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone for a screening and those who meet the requirements will be invited to a face to face interview.
We are committed to ensuring that we provide equal opportunities for all. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments or if you have any special requirements for the interview process. Depending on the role this normally includes a written test and interview.
Please note that we will only contact successfully shortlisted candidates.