Nigel Wright have been appointed as the retained partner to recruit a new Managing Director for Family Fund Business Services (FFBS). The opportunity has arisen due to the pending retirement of the incumbent and the organisation is looking for a commercially minded leader to drive growth in the coming years.
Based in York, FFBS is the trading arm of Family Fund, a charity that supports families with disabled or seriously ill children and young people, and profit generated is used to sustain and extend the reach of our work in supporting families. In essence FFBS operates a web-based B2B fulfilment service for goods awarded through local authority and charity grant applications. It provides fulfilment of a wide range of essential goods and services including washing machines, fridges, freezers, beds, furniture, carpets, clothing, bedding, cash-out services, energy vouchers and food.
This board level position sits as part of the Family Fund Executive Team in addition to its directorial capacity of leading FFBS.
Commercial / Relationship Management
- Develop and deliver to the board of Directors the strategic plan for growth.
- Determine the strategic objectives, monitoring progress towards achievement.
- Work with the Group Director of Finance to produce a business plan, financial budgets and forecasts and to monitor performance.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities, with customers and also through suppliers and partners, to grow the business profitably.
- Identify and develop new propositions and services to provide to current and new customers with a view to further growth and diversity of profitable opportunities.
- Identify, develop and manage key strategic partnerships with other organisations in order to recruit new customers and provide a range of services.
- Responsible for the deployment of the solutions to customers and the operational on boarding process of new business.
- Work closely with the Group Executive team to realise opportunities for income generation identified through Family Fund activities, e.g. delivering grant programmes and administration services.
- Lead the daily business of the company, accounting for company`s activities to relevant stakeholders including the Board and the charity as sole shareholder.
- Develop and deliver a programme of continuous improvement to ensure high levels of service and effective delivery to customers.
- Maintain the effective relationships with clients.
- Lead the development and delivery of new contracts in consultation with the Group Finance Director and legal representatives.
- Manage the company so that it operates in compliance with the Companies` Act, its Articles of Association, and meets all relevant statutory requirements placed upon it.
- Deliver and comply with all contractual requirements.
- Responsible for risk management policies and procedures and that they are managed effectively.
- Preparation of board papers and reports to the board of directors about vital information on the company`s overall performance.
- Manage the recruitment, induction, training and development of staff to meet the objectives of FFBS.
- Set objectives, monitor, and review and appraise staff performance.
- Represent FFBS externally and presenting to audiences as required.
- Work with the senior management team to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of FFBS.
This role would suit an individual with strong experience in strategic commercial leadership and a track record of growing and maximising revenue streams. A background in managing key accounts at top level as well as a strong negotiation skill set would also be beneficial.
Whilst an appreciation of dealing with both public and private sector organisations would be relevant, applications are welcomed from commercial leaders from different sectors, as the person fit and the passion for the activities of the charity are equally as important.
Please apply online or contact . For information, shortlisting and interviews are planned for May 2017. Please note that Nigel Wright are acting as the retained partner for this assignment and any direct applicants or third party CVs will be forwarded to Nigel Wright Accordingly.