An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Cost Accountant to join a Manufacturing firm, based in Birmingham.
The role of the Cost Accountant includes:
* Oversee and contribute to the provision of management accounts information and challenge reported variances to ensure robust information is supplied.
* Review cost results comparing against prior periods and budget to ensure prompt and appropriate reporting is actioned, that clearly articulates the underpinning issues where performance is deviating for expectation.
* Manage and ensure the quick resolution of cost measurement and reporting issues as required.
* Liaise with all Banners and Controlling to support the budgeting and forecasting process by providing timely input of cost on trends and underlying performance.
* Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are consistent, fit for purpose and have a suitable level of supporting documentation.
* Support the development of the Purchase Order system model for all Non-Trade Accounts
* Create a robust variance analysis tool that enables UK controlling to correctly identify and justify any variances to trend.
* Provide accurate documentation to internal and external audit to justify b/s position giving explanations where necessary.
* Review, understand and articulate accounting adjustments to all finance stakeholders
* Monitor cost centre queries and ensure adequate information and support is provided to our branch managers
* Ensure that all process documentation is robust and up to date in line with group standards and expectations.
To be considered for the role you will need:
* Experience of working in a similar role for a Automotive/Manufacturing Company with extensive exposure to the management accounting and business analysis.
* ACCA/CIMA Finalist or Part Qualified
* Experience in managing processes through a sustained period of change.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce and present financial/statistical data.
* Evidence of a proactive approach with stakeholders and provide clear and appropriate communication suitable to the audience and situation.
* Competent user of Microsoft Office products.
* Knowledge of Cognos desirable.
* Excellent communication skills with the gravitas to be able to operate at a suitable level. Must be able to explain finance matters/concepts to non-financial managers. Needs a collaborative approach combined with the drive to deliver best in class results.
* Ability to produce and present financial/statistical data.
* Flexible and responsive to meet changing business demands.
* Able to connect with, support and challenge the business adopting a consultative approach.
* Able to advise on a wide range of business issues and provide reliable information.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below or contact Kevin from Robert Walters on or