Senior Finance Analyst
Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Port Talbot, South Wales
Salary Range: £29,993 - £58,238 + Benefits
Tata Steel is one of the world's top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million ton and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We're part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
The Finance function of Tata Steel Europe is in the process of implementing a new structure, which is aligned with and can effectively support the new company-operating model. This includes delivering a world-class accounting, operational and analytical reporting service to UK and European business areas from a centralised department in Port Talbot.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As Senior Finance Analyst you will work with key business areas, supporting and advising tactical and operational decision making through insights that drive better business performance.
We are recruiting for a Senior Finance Analyst based within Finance at our site in Port Talbot. The purpose of the role is to proactively support the Procurement team in building an integrated team of sourcing professionals who consistently generate value through driving continuous improvements and effective decision making and ensuring a strong governance structure is embedded.
In addition to working with Procurement, the role requires building a strong network within the Finance function and also with the Business Excellence, and HR functions to support the business processes in the Procurement area.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Contract evaluation
- Substantial, timely, innovative and insightful analysis, including external and internal benchmarking of external spend and inventory management
- Support in developing strategic cost and cash saving initiatives and review of ongoing OGSM strategies;
- Result interpretation and challenging of Procurement management team including evaluation of KPIs;
- Proactive support in risk management, process improvement
- Ensuring compliance with group policy framework, particularly in the area of procurement and finance processes
- Efficient working, drawing on support from specialist areas/functions and shared services and working with them to explain variances
Evaluation of functional costs
- Applicants will be educated to degree level and will be a fully qualified Accountant with a recognised professional body (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- The position requires an effective organiser with a high degree of motivation, drive, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- The jobholder should have knowledge and understanding of business benchmarking tools/models and a proven track record in the deployment of improvement strategies.
- The position requires a process-oriented and fact-based approach.
- The jobholder will need to be computer literate and strongly numerate.
- The jobholder should be able to extract, analyse and interpret data from spreadsheets and interrogate systems like SAP.
- Travel will be required
Closing Date for Applications: 11:00pm on Friday 28th April 2017