Theatre Nurse- Opthalmic
Theatre Nurse - Ophthalmic
Full Time Mon - Sat 8am - 6pm
NEGOTIABLE SALARY DOE
We are pleased to be recruiting for this privately owned small specialist hospital in central Manchester. We are seeking a Theatre Nurse, my client is the leading provider of medical and surgical eye patient services experts in cataract surgery and medical/ surgical eye problems with leading ophthalmic surgeons on board. CQC compliant, Award winning service excellent opportunity for a Nurse who has a passion for working in Theatres and happy to work in Ophthalmics.
As a Registered General Nurse you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering the highest standard of care to our patients. You will have a passion for delivering excellent nursing care in a dynamic and innovative theatre environment. Responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic service including surgery, pre-operative assessment and post-operative care.
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance.
- Undertake all care for patients whilst in the hospital including diagnostic tests, pre-operative assessment, peri operative and post-operative care.
- Provide scrub experience for clinical procedures.
- Administer drugs in accordance with the NMC guidelines for the safe and secure handling of medicines.
- Assist the consultant and clinical team in the delivery of all ophthalmic care.
- Prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use.
- Ensure the correct storage of all equipment.
- Assist with stock control, ensuring realistic par levels are maintained and all items are readily available.
- Manages all the diagnostic equipment on a daily basis.
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Minimum of one year's post registration experience in a clinical/hospital setting.
- Current NMC registration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, outlook, excel, word and power point. It is essential that you have a real passion for theatre
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to or contact Rheann
Keywords: RGN, Registered Nurse, Ophthalmic Nurse, Ophthalmology, Manchester, Medical and Nursing, Theatre/ Scrub Ophthalmic Nurse, Theatre Nurse, medical and nursing