Finance Analyst - Central London - £30,000 - £40,000 + study support
About the role
An exceptional opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company, working in the finance team on a high profile project delivering one of the largest infrastructure projects in the energy sector.
About Capita | DCC
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Capita was awarded the DCC Licence in October 2013 as part of the UK government's smart metering programme. This was set up to enable the roll out of over 53m smart meters across the UK by 2020.
- Manage the month end reporting (project accounting) of all external commercial contracts that DCC manages with 3rd parties
- Manage the delivery of month end management accounts and management reports on external costs data including key milestone data, payment schedules and outline of risks and issues that need to be managed
- Assist the Commercial Finance manager in working on new contracts and existing contract changes to develop the financial models that help the commercial team through the negotiation process
- Finalise and agree the financial outcome of each deal with external parties and present to DCC senior management team for sign-off
- Undertake adhoc project on new initiatives undertaken by DCC in development of business plans and bid models for projects like E&A, DBCH and Switching
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager through the business planning and quarterly forecasting process
- Provide suggestion and make on-going improvements to the existing processes to deliver efficiency gains
- Ownership of financial models supporting teams with commercial, budgeting and planning along with ad-hoc projects
- Represent finance in change review board and summarise and analyse the outcome of any potential financial impacts on the business
Skills and Experience
- CIMA/ACCA part qualified
- Relevant forecasting experience.
- Well developed excel skills to include Index Matching, V Look Ups, Pivot Tables etc
- Demonstrates initiative and takes responsibility for commercial issues, seeing them through to completion
- Enjoys a changing environment and working cross-functionally
- Background in telecommunications, energy, IT sector or other relevant industries
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.