Staff Nurse - Critical Care Unit
About The Facility
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Harley Street Clinic Adult Intensive Care Unit provides expertise and technology of the highest standard. The service is provided by a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of Consultant Intensivists, Registrars, Nurses, and allied health professionals including dieticians, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
The unit is able to provide multi-organ support including the latest in cardiac, ventilator and renal replacement technologies. We care for level 2 (high dependency) and level 3 (highest level of 1:1 care) patients within a supportive clinical environment As well as specialising in complex cardiac and surgical cases, the unit provides support for all medical/surgical emergencies within the hospital.
Facilities include the availability of isolation rooms and 24 hour / 7 day support from theatres, cardiac catheter laboratory and diagnostic services. The team provides clinical and advisory support for all patients within The Harley Street Clinic ensuring that all patients receive the best possible acute medical care.
To work as a skilled member of the ICU nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic centred care. The post holder is responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
The post holder will assist and is expected to supervise junior staff and be able to teach qualified and unqualified staff. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
Hours: Full time 37.50 hours per week. Shift rotation (Long Days, Nights, Weekends)
£31,630 - £35,822 per annum + 9% enhancements dependant upon experience
Benefits: 33 days annual leave, pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, subsidised on-site canteen + more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The assessment, planning and delivery of high quality patient care as part of a multi-disciplinary team, delegating tasks as appropriate
- To report and record incidents and complaints
- To have an understanding of staff management
- To promote a learning environment
- To communicate with patients and their families and the team on care decisions
Skills & Experience
- NMC registered General Nurse
- Advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care
- Experience of working in ICU or Critical care
- Cardiothoracic, general or neuro experience in an ICU environment is desirable
- Critical care course is desirable