Newly created Production Manager role to support the continued growth of one the of the North Wests most exciting, Award Winning Residential Developers.
My client is a Privately owned, Award Winning Residential Developer based in the North West. Now with multiple UK offices, the business has built upon their strengths of building high quality homes. Enjoying recent economic growth, our client has completed on a number of high-margin building projects and are currently exploring new developments in the North West, resulting in the new Production Manager vacancy.
As Production Manager, you will be responsible for running multiple residential building development sites and contracts within the North West of England. You will report into the Construction Director, and be supported by Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Design and office based support. This position will play a key role within the business, and as such there will be strong opportunity to progress as the business grows. Essential professional and personal qualities are:
To be a positive and inspirational leader who actively engages with his workforce to enhance the productivity of the project.
Leading a package of works, with a fully integrated and dynamic relationship between design, construction and commercial activities.
Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project.
To fully understand design / procurement / construction / completion planning, programming and progress reporting.
To report openly and honestly at all times, acknowledging problems, analysing and providing seeking solutions
Liaising with clients, professional staff including sub-contractors and the general public.
Supervising Project Managers, Site Managers, contractors and internal staff on a daily basis.
Meeting with Project Managers and Site Managers where appropriate.
Managing and ensuring the Health & Safety of the entire site and project.
Maintaining quality & safety control procedures.Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
Motivating and driving the workforce in a productive and time effective manner.
The Production Manager will have the following experience:
- Have current experience as Production Manager or have held a similar level position managing multiple contracts
- Have experience working within Private Residential House building
- Have a strong track record in delivering 50 + unit projects.
- Have excellent customer and business communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple Site Mangers.
- Have 5 - 7 years minimum experience of managing medium to large development, along with experience in the management of Health & Safety, and the design and procurement processes.
- You will have strong experience of working closely with customers offering excellent customer care while representing the brand and be familiar with the requirements of the NHBC.
- Willing to be commutable to the North West Region and travel between projects
The successful Production Manager will be offered between £60,000 - £70,000 plus a strong annual bonus, car allowance and excellent company benefits (depending on experience and performance). This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially aware, highly motivated individual who can work under pressure and have proven experience of leading large construction teams.