IT Project Manager
Things are changing in a big way here at the National Trust. We are currently undergoing a 3 year IT transformation programme which will significantly improve the way we work and make sure that the Trust is able to operate as efficiently as possible. The programme has an emphasis on ensuring customer engagement with the Trust is both cutting edge and personal to the individual. This will be delivered via the use of some of the best big data and digital tools currently available in the market place.
With technology moving so rapidly and a real need for the right technology, we want to invest in IT and deliver real business benefits for the Trust. This way, money can continue being put back into vital conservation and heritage projects. To help us achieve this ambitious goal, we’re looking for people who can think on their feet and offer practical solutions, with a view of the bigger picture. We need a team of people who thrive on variety and challenge and enjoy working on a range of different projects.
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
What it's like to work here
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis. There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here. Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
Who we're looking for
A driven and proactive leader, you’re able to manage multi-disciplinary project teams and deliver several projects on time, within budget and to the highest standards. You’ll be confident and capable with strong interpersonal skills and a real customer focus, as well as the ability to liaise with staff, suppliers and stakeholders at all levels. You’ll also have:
- A solid background in implementing IT software development, MI and infrastructure projects within a multi-disciplined environment.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering the IT infrastructure to support the above software development projects.
- Desirable experience of managing projects within an Agile environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working with 3rd party partners.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of project management lifecycles, for example PRINCE2 and MSP.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking