Systems & Projects Accountant
A market leading business on the outskirts of Leeds city centre is recruiting for a Systems & Project Accountant at a time of extensive investment and change.
The role of Systems & Project Accountant is designed to provide a pivotal link between core finance and the wider business through the delivery of appropriate systems management, data management, business process improvements and management information reporting tools. It's a key role with a remit to facilitate the businesses commitment to exceptional service delivery in all areas, supporting finance and non-finance operational colleagues.
Specific duties of the role include:
- Project management and delivery of key finance and operational projects
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the projects
- Responsibility for controls over General Ledger integrity and the month end reporting process, ensuring the systems can support effective and meaningful financial reporting
- Act as the subject matter expert for key systems, ensuring a robust control framework sits across all financial platforms
- Ensure project documents are completed and process documentation exists for all completed projects to formalise accounting flows and maintain key process knowledge
- Work closely with other business users, IT colleagues and the wider business to ensure user requirements are fully identified and implemented
- Deliver change communication across the entire finance team to enable all departments to successfully support the implementation of key projects
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiency across all areas of the finance function
The business is looking for an accomplished Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with extensive IT and systems skills, as well as a proven ability to operate strategically and well developed project management experience. You will need technical experience that includes financial management and statutory reporting, coupled with data management and governance experience and the ability to review financial processes and deliver efficiency improvements.
This is a high profile, challenging role with a large, well known international business that offers a comprehensive benefits package and great opportunities for personal development.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.