Business Development Manager
Job description Main Purpose:
To visit new and existing clients, with a view to gaining new apprentice roles within either IT or Software Development. To work alongside a Talent Scout in engaging with suitable candidates for the apprenticeship roles. This is a home based role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• You must be able to manage your own time effectively to ensure you are able to manage the dual nature of the role.
• Visit with clients to discuss the current programmes and how they can be utilised by them.
• Work with clients to produce a comprehensive job description.
• Build rapport with clients whilst setting expectations, through ongoing contact, identifying their exact needs for the programme.
• You need to be able to present persuasively.
• Some prospecting will be required alongside the Consultant department.
• To attend networking events/ meetings as and when required.
• Portray a good public image and be polite, pleasant and professional as a representative of the organisation.
• To be actively involved in the recruitment and interview process of candidates for apprenticeships and training programmes.
• To manage all current and prospective client requirements.
• Match individuals to specific employment opportunities.
• Identify individual skills, interests, aspirations and support needs.
• To assist and support in the recruitment phases of the project ensuring the most appropriate Apprentices are attracted to each of the vacancies.
• Support individuals through job application and interview processes.
• Providing advice and guidance to candidates throughout the entire recruitment process.
• Assist in generating publicity for vacancies and finding new ways to attract new recruits.
• To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the companies Equal Opportunities policy.
• To comply with the companies Data Protection policy in relation to collection, use, storage and disposal of personal or sensitive data.
• To coach and mentor candidates, in preparation for interviews with employers.
• To provide feedback and support to candidates and ensure they are 'interview ready’.
• To complete sign up/enrolment paperwork and initial assessments (if required).
• To keep records up to date of interviews and applicants
• To support the promotion and growth of apprenticeships throughout the programmes.
• To liaise with customers and contribute to the monitoring of health and Safety of learners in the work place.
And in addition:
• To comply with company policies and procedures.
• To do all that is reasonably practicable to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, taking in to account appropriate risk assessments and ensuring compliance with my client and statutory requirements.
• To undertake any such duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms, following consultation with the recognised trade unions.
Subject to the duration of the need, the special conditions given below apply:
• The nature of the work may involve the post holder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
• The nature of the work may involve the post holder travelling nationally and will require periods away from home.
• The post holder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the service.
• Expenses will be paid in accordance with client conditions of service. This post is subject to a check being carried out at an ENHANCED level by the criminal records bureau regarding any previous criminal record.
Salary - Circa £26000 - £27000 DOE + Car allowance and uncapped earnings
• Experience of business to business field sales
• Experience of working with young people