Financial Controller/ Business Partner
Our client is a leading London based independent Carbon, Energy and Sustainability advisory firm with over 100 clients consisting of mostly FTSE 350 and large public sector organisations.
They are recruiting a Financial Controller to support the newly appointed Finance Director who is developing a high-performing finance function who will act as a true business partner to all areas of the company.
Their offices are based just off Piccadilly Circus.
This key role within the organisation will have a twin focus in respect of ensuring that the financial processes run smoothly to support cash-flow and compliance, and deliver business intelligence through clean data and intelligent analysis.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts (incl. preparation of monthly journals).
- Cash management (incl. management of invoicing processes).
- Project profitability reporting and ownership of the revenue recognition process .
- Preparation of the annual accounts to TB level incl. Audit pack.
- Line management of Accounts Assistant (Sales, Purchases & Bank data entry and credit control).
- Overseeing monthly outsourced payroll.
- Contributing to decisions regarding financial strategy and suggest improvements for operational control.
- Preparation of data & analysis to support monthly board reporting.
- Modelling to support annual budgeting processes & budget spend tracking.
- Degree educated.
- Part-qualified or fully qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA).
- Demonstrable data analytics expertise (preferably in a business partnering environment).
- Previous experience of full trial balance ownership.
- Openness and willingness to learn and develop within their culture.
- Mid-level Excel capabilities (VLOOKUP/Pivot tables/SUMIF & multiple IF statements).