Senior Technical Claims Manager
MBA are recruiting for an exciting global organisation where their people are at the heart of everything they do. They are a strong, safe and regulated organisation with an established and experienced management team and our clients can feel confident that we will work with them in pursuit of customer service excellence.
Broadspire who are part of Crawford & Co are a well-established and highly reputable company within the claims/insurance industry.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Claims Manager to join the close knit team in the Birmingham office.
Why work for Broadspire?
- 23 days holiday (increase with tenure)
- Contributory Pension
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Life Assurance 4x basic salary
- Funded Support to gain professional qualifications
To supervise the technical claims handling within a Client Unit of Broadspire a Crawford Company and manage a portfolio of complex/and/or high value claims.
To supervise the technical performance of the Unit on a daily basis.
Be the technical referral point for members of the Unit. To produce ad-hoc information requests from the Client Manager with regards to collation of information from the Unit.
- Manage personal portfolio of claims
- Ensure reserves are regularly reviewed and accurate
- Conduct technical audits of handlers work
- Authorise payment request in accordance with authority levels
- Drive technical performance to achieve targets
- Support the concept of corporate governance, complying with all corporate requirements (including Company policies and procedures) - internal and external, as required
- To provide input to the Team Manager on appraisals from a technical file handling perspective
- Highlight training needs and effectively plan and action delivery of training/mentoring
- Participate and contribute to the delivery of projects from time to time and ensuring work is completed within set timescales and to the client and CCS requirements
- Participate in Client interaction and supplier management where directed
- Appropriate understanding and application of FSA/TCF/DPA requirements Participate in internal audits, as required
- Actively seek to develop oneself and take responsibility for your own training and development.
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications
- Insurance Qualification CII, Dip CII or ACILA (or working towards)
- Technical claims experience
- Pro-active and assertive claims handling approach
- Ability to utilise technical skills to complete workload
- Willingness to support colleagues and offer help
- Ability to train and mentor staff
- Willingness to support peers
- Responsiveness to change and change management
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of technical claims handling capability/knowledge
- Ability to train staff on technical aspects and act as a Mentor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Desire to achieve quality results.