An excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Technician, our client conceives, designs and produces a diverse array of products that can be found in most homes, offices and vehicles. Founded in 1833 the company has made up of 17 business units, 20 000 employee-partners and 130 facilities in 19 countries. A strong emphasis on 'Total Shareholder Return’ we have a target of, and consistently achieve performance in the top third of S&P 500 with 46 consecutive annual increases in dividend yield.
The facility in Wales is located on the fringes of the Brecon Beacons National Park and with excellent road and rail links. The plant is only 15 miles from Swansea and the beautiful Gower peninsula and a little over 50 miles from Cardiff Airport. We have an organizational culture which recognizes the importance of work life balance.
The plant has attracted significant corporate and government investment, becoming a vertically integrated center of excellence in the manufacture of pneumatic seating systems. Not only can the organization boast an end user customer base which includes the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, but more recently our systems have been adopted by mainstream mass producers, which will take our turnover from £ 11m to £50m in a period of just 5 years.
We are a stable employer in the area for the last 50 years and comfortably achieving customer demand, we now candidates for key positions to support our impressive growth plans.
Repairs, upgrades, installs and maintains automation equipment.
- Maintain and update mechanical and electrical components for all equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance of manufacturing related equipment using prescribed techniques.
- Inspect equipment to ensure safe operating conditions prior to start up.
- Provide mechanical and electrical technical support to maintain and improve automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Maintain log of repairs and of completed preventative maintenance in CMMS.
- Establish frequencies and provide preventative maintenance activities for end of line test equipment, automated and semi-automated equipment.
- Shut down equipment due to unsafe and /or process out of control conditions.
- Complete equipment changeovers in accordance with established standards and downtime procedures.
- Design and modify mechanical tooling.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering data acquisition objectives.
- Review equipment operation/maintenance information manuals supplied by suppliers.
- Responsible for knowing and upholding the H&S Policy and for working in a safe manner and reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions or acts.
- Participates actively in the requirement to retain ISO/TS16949/ISO14001 certification by supporting maintenance activities.
- Complies with PUK’s 5S standards and expectations.
- Completes any other assignments, duties and projects that may be assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in an ISO/TS16949 automotive lean manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Bearings-materials/design/application
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot PM compressed air systems
- Knowledge of Mechanical calculations
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and debugging of industrial controls and equipment
- Experience with safety circuit wiring and exposure to PHSR certification
- Understand electrical and process instrumentation diagrams
- Knowledge of various vision systems including Omron
Must be computer literate and working knowledge of AutoCad