Application Support Analyst / IT Application Senior Support
Job Title: Enterprise Application Support Analyst
Salary: up to £40,000
Support the day-to-day support, maintenance, deployment, and enhancement of commercial and custom/proprietary developed enterprise-level software applications, works with multiple support teams to accurately troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve customer issues or requests. Serve as an internal expert in assigned technology products and analyze, design, program, debug, and modify complex software enhancement features and/or new software products. Independently solve complex problems and debug difficult issues using a broad knowledge of skills and techniques. Actively participate in technical meetings, code reviews and provide guidance and recommendations as needed. Operates within best practices for enterprise applications support and management for production and non-production environments and ensures customer service, innovation and security are integrated within the culture of the Enterprise Applications team.
- Analyze, research, design, program, debug and modify software products and applications.
- Assist in day-to-day production/non-production issues, act as escalation point to resolve urgent and/or complex issues and manage expectations.
- Respond to customer requests, troubleshooting, reported problems pertaining to the applications performance and reliability.
- Manage and monitor performance of enterprise applications, ensuring continuous improvement, responsiveness, accountability, and seamless effective service for customers.
- Active role in System Requirement Analysis and Provide quality estimates and/or timelines for support tasks for projects and enhancement requests.
- Apply standards and researches/shares best practices; learns new products and product enhancements and proactively shares knowledge with teams; documents and escalates gaps/weaknesses; documents the technical specifications.
- Contribute to training materials and/or instructions for end-users.
- Understand how the organization's applications interact with different systems and business processes to ensure they operate smoothly.
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools.
- Continuously analyze and monitor issues/problems with the focus of determining root cause and understanding patterns with the aim of improving the product, delivery methodology and overall organization.
- Provide regular verbal and written communications regarding status, risks, issues, as well as makes recommendations for remediation or change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Basic level knowledge of integration technologies, concepts, and application (e.g. SOA, XML, EDI, etc…)
- Basic level knowledge of database design, administration, and development (i.e. Oracle RDMS, Microsoft QL Server)
- Basic level knowledge of software development, lifecycle practices, and design methodologies.
- Basic level knowledge of enterprise SaaS solutions and related cloud technologies
- Basic level knowledge of project management principles/methodologies (e.g. PMI, Agile, etc…)
- Skilled at translating technical jargon into laymen's terms for business owners/partners that are actionable, informative, or support the decision making process.
- Ability to isolate and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization and be persuasive with details and facts
- Ability to set and change priorities amongst multiple competing constituencies
- Understanding of the business processes of the customer and ability to leverage this knowledge to ensure that projects and support activities delivered by direct reports meet the needs of the customer
- Ability to work independently or as a team to achieve desired outcomes with little to no supervision
- Experience in advanced (e.g. Tier 2 or Tier 3) software support and development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related preferred.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Implementation Manager, IT Integration Manager, 2nd Line Support Engineer, IT Migration Project Manager, ICT Project Manager, Application Implementation Manager, IT Change Manager, Managed Services Consultant, Application Management, Application Systems Analyst, Systems Administrator, 1st Line Support, Change Management Engineer, Application Support Specialist may also be considered for this role.