Location: Chipping Norton
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Our client's reservations office is open Monday to Friday 08:30-19:00 and Saturday 09:00-17:00. Working 8 hours shifts, 40 hours per month over 5 days a week. Usually working 1-2 Saturdays per month.
About the company
Set in 440 acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside our client boasts two individual hotels including Crowne Plaza. The two hotels provide over 350 bedrooms, state-of-the-art meeting facilities for up to 450 delegates plus 4 bars and 4 restaurants. Also located at the Resort is an 18 hole championship standard golf course and a Health Club with spa treatment rooms.
The Reservations Supervisor for our client supervises the reservations team, ensuring the quality and consistency of reservations and guest communications. The role is hands-on and therefore the reservations supervisor will be expected to handle reservations and any guest issues, alongside the daily monitoring of all reservations based activity.
The ideal candidate for the role will have a desire to ensure the highest level of guest service.
The ideal candidate will have worked or is currently working in the hospitality industry in a similar role, and is used to supervising a team.
They will have a good knowledge of the industry and understanding of the urgency required to deal with all booking enquires speedily and efficiently. They will be an experienced team leader and used to working with online travel agents and in high volume business.
Responsibilities of the Reservations Supervisor include:
- Supervising the reservations team of 2 coordinators.
- Ensure all daily checks are completed to a high standard
- Ensure all bookings & enquiries are completed daily
- Supervise, motivate & develop the reservations team to maximise sales.
- Manage occupancy levels to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for ensuring all payments are up to date for past, present & future bookings
- Be self-motivated & positive, maintaining high level of focus and enthusiasm
- Be capable of assessing problem areas and finding solutions to resolve them
- An ability to work under extreme pressure, and delegate tasks appropriately
- Taking and chasing payments
- Answering guest queries by the by phone or e-mail in line with company policies
- Dealing with payment & invoice queries
- The Supervisor is also responsible for training the reservations team at the Resort.
- Resolving guest disputes/complaints
Requirements of the Reservations Supervisor
- Previous supervisory experience within hotel reservations or reception.
- Previous experience working with Opera preferred.
- Excellent communication skills for both internal comms and guest handling.
- Proven administrative and time management skills.
- Proven experience in dealing with online travel agents
- Proficiency in spoken and written English required.
- Previous experience in a 100+ bedroom hotel is preferred but not necessary
This is a full time position working 40 hours over 5 days, mainly Monday to Friday with 1 or 2 Saturdays per month.
- Free parking
- IHG membership
- 28 days holiday raising to 29 days after one year’s continuous service and 30 days after 2 years continuous service
- Free meal whilst on duty
If you meet the requirements of this Reservations Supervisor and feel that the role is right for you then please apply today!