CFO - Developments
The CFO will determine and execute the Financial strategy for the Company. This role reports to the CEO and has primary responsibility for the finance function, as well as accountability for all commercial aspects of the business.
- Develop an annual operating plan and financial budget that support the Company’s long term strategy;
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial controls and supporting information systems of the Company;
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements to disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and take steps to enhance, where necessary, the internal control systems within the Company;
- Keep the Company Directors aware of the financial position and financial development of the Company;
- Develop appropriate key performance indicators to monitor and drive the financial performance of the Company;
- Oversee and monitor the Company’s financial position, banking and financing activities and capital structure and monitor the respect of banking and financial covenants and hedging arrangements, as applicable;
- Ensure proper training of all personnel working on financial, accounting, audit or fiscal matters;
- Ensure the adequacy of the Company’s insurance coverage;
- Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies and compliance for the Company;
Skills, qualifications and experience required;
- Effective leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to balance a commercial, pragmatic approach to decision making, whilst ensuring appropriate risk management.
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in a numerate subject.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Minimum 7 years post qualification
- Accounting experience gained from within industry with at least 7 years at a senior management level.
- Diverse financial project experience.
- Previous experience in a large or growing entrepreneurial business.
- Experience of having worked in a fast paced, high pressure, changing environment.
- Demonstrable track record of effecting revenue and profitability through innovation.
- Highly self-aware and self-disciplined.
48 Hours per week