Head of Finance
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing, award winning organisation in a newly created senior finance role with a remit to deliver a framework of financial control and commercial support that is fit for future growth.
The organisation is record breaking in its sector, setting the benchmark for delivery in a competitive and heavily scrutinised market. Rapid growth and projected further expansion means the Board of Directors has identified the need to appoint a Head of Finance to design and develop the appropriate systems and controls as well as lead the contribution for strategic and organisation discussions at senior manager and Board Level.
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant with experience at a senior management level that includes strategic development, operational planning and line management.
Duties of the role include:
- Contribute to strategic and organisational discussion and decision-making at senior management and Board level
- Take ownership for the production of up to date accounts, and development of organisational systems and policies
- Prepare the annual budget and rolling forecasts, taking control of income and expenditure, cash flow management, variance analysis and supporting commentary.
- Monitor project spend against budgets, prepare monthly management accounts pack with I&E, Balance Sheet and department project variance reports.
- Provide business partnering and support in order to lead decision-making at all levels including quarterly and ad hoc reports to budget holders to aid their financial understanding
- Manage the annual audit including year-end procedures and accounts in conjunction with the statutory auditors
- Prepare financial reports for board meetings as required by the Director
- Manage and develop the finance team
- Design, develop, implement and monitor efficient and secure financial systems
- Keep up to date with changes in financial regulations and legislation and advise management on major financial issues which arise
- Monitor, review and amend where necessary the financial policy framework and the risk management system
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an ethically minded, diverse and fast paced organisation that is proud of the positive impact its work has on the community. The business has grown at a significant rate over the last 5 years, with further very rapid growth planned.
The head of Finance position is integral to facilitating the organisations aspirations, providing personal development opportunities that are unrivalled elsewhere.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.