Interim Techincal Accountant
A chance for a technical accountant to join working on IFRS9 and mortgage impairment provisioning
- A large Yorkshire employer
- Working within Financial Services
As part of the Technical Accounting team, your main responsibilities will include the review and challenge of mortgage impairment provisioning assumptions and calculations, in addition to providing accounting advice to the rest of Finance and other specialist teams. There is scope to interact with a range of stakeholders across the business and be involved in our implementation project for IFRS 9.
Your other key duties will also include but not limited to;
* Preparation of technical accounting papers and mortgage impairment MI for senior management and the Board
* Preparation of regulatory returns in respect of mortgage impairment provisions
* Support interim and year end reporting process
* Relationship management of both internal and external stakeholders
* Resolving ad-hoc technical accounting queries from other areas of the business
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Experience of working in a in a multi-disciplined, deadline-driven, Finance function.
* Strong Excel skills with the ability to undertake analysis of large amounts of data.
* Database skills (preferably SAS) are desired but not essential.
* Ability to identify and address key risks/implications associated with any activities or changes.
* Financial Services experience would help but is not essential
- A six month contract
- Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
- other benefits including good holidays