Chef de Partie /Junior Sous Chef
TM Resourcing are looking for a Chef de Partie/Junior Sous Chef for my client based in the Dewsbury area.
Permanent: Full time
Hours: 10.30am-9pm 5 days over 7 (Usually Wednesday & Thursday off)
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 Depending on experience + Tips
Must be able to drive and have own Transport
My Client is a one of the leading Hotels/Inn in the area. As the business levels are growing my client is looking for a new team member to drive standards to the next level. They are looking for someone who wants to grow with the business.
* Managing the general day to day preparation and cooking of food in the kitchen with all fresh ingredients
* Ensure that all food served is to the required high quality standard.
* Ensure at all times that safety standards are being adhered to (including COSHH and
* Ensure that accurate temperature readings are taken on a daily basis
* Ensure that all kitchen equipment, fixtures and fittings are in good working order and no
item of equipment is misused. Report equipment faults to the Sous Chef or Head chef.
* Ensure that all cleaning schedules are adhered to and hygiene checked daily.
* Participate in induction and any other training designed to improve standards and
* Work in accordance with standard procedures within the department.
* Keeping the work areas tidy and, safe and reporting any hazard, accident, loss or
damage to management and observe all the requirements under the Health & Safety at
Work act (1989).
* Experience in a similar role, at least 1 year.
* NVQ level 2 qualification in Catering or the equivalent. We will also consider applications from candidates who are willing to work towards an NVQ level 2 qualification in catering or equivalent.
* As a minimum educated to GCSE standard in English and Mathematics
* Willing to work toward an NVQ level 2 qualification in catering or the equivalent
* Experience in preparing and cooking of healthy, special dietaries, vegetarian and vegan food.
* Able to work on their own initiative.
* Understand the principles of healthy food and healthy life style.Ability to work under pressure.
* Previous experience in a similar role.
* Flexibility is essential as the role holder is required to work a range of shifts.
Unfortunately feedback won't be provided if unsuccessful
This is a vacancy on behalf of TM Resourcing who are operating as an employment agency.