Parts Sales Assistant
Parts Sales Assistant
42.5 hour week and every other Saturday (AM only)
East Cheshire, commutable from Sandbach, Winsford, Middlewich, Congleton, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Crewe
Parts Sales Assistant required for busy agricultural company in Cheshire to be responsible for ordering parts, dealing with goods in & out, managing the displays and retail area as well as dealing with customer queries. This role will suit a candidate with exceptional customer service skills a track record of experience working in a company parts department and demonstrable experience in a sales environment.
- Assist the Parts Manager in implementing all parts sales and marketing initiatives, as per the business plan and/or marketing calendar
- Ensure the showroom (including displays and their contents) are tidy and refreshed on an on-going basis
- Maintain and nurture existing and prospective customer relationships.
- Serve customers in the depot shop with queries and sales, taking payment for goods.
- Maximise front counter and back counter trade and telephone sales. There may be a degree of online admin work with eBay and internet shop.
- Daily ordering of parts requested by customers
- Ensure all stock delivered is checked in and put either into stock, put out ready for the customer or workshop engineer. As well as contacting customers when parts have arrived into the depot.
- Picking the parts from the stores and packing them ready for shipment to customers.
- Proactively resolve or escalate customer complaints
- Take all opportunities to add value to sales and profit when in communication with customers by using sales techniques such as up selling and related selling. This includes passing on relevant leads or information to the Service and/or Sales department.
- To take responsibility for Health & Safety by dealing with issues immediately (i.e. lighting, poor stock positioning, leaks and other potential hazards) by reporting them immediately to the Parts Manager.
- Manual handling of stock around the depot.
The ideal Parts Sales Assistant will have the following attributes -:
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths (Grade C and above)
- A track record of experience dealing/negotiating with customers: handling queries, selling, resolving issues
- Background in sales within a parts department
- IT literate
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Flexible and pro-active
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Telehandler operation - preferable but training can be delivered
The business is a long established Agricultural machinery dealership. They have expanded considerably in the last few years and offer good security of employment. This is a great opportunity for a Parts Sales Assistant to develop their skills within a highly successful team.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.