Strategic Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager
Highly Competitive Basic Salary, Commission and Benefits
Every day, LexisNexis produces and provides industry-leading legal content to more than five million professionals across 100 countries in the legal, corporate, government, accounting, academic and law enforcement markets. Today, with our cutting-edge, high-speed and easily accessible information solutions, you can be the difference that will uphold the law across borders as the world and technology evolves.
Main Purpose of the role and any specialist knowledge requirements
Profitably grow revenue from a group of designated Tier 1 accounts, within the Top 100 UK International Law Firms, in line with agreed financial objectives. Develop and lead implementation of new propositions to designated accounts and ensure clients receive a service exceeding their expectations. Act as a senior member of the Sales Team, setting an example and providing informal coaching to colleagues where necessary.
- Deliver revenue and profit targets for a small number of strategically important, selected large law firms. A number of these accounts will be globally managed from the UK, with revenue streams allocated to various international geographical locations.
- Drive repositioning of LNUK as a leading supplier of innovative solutions utilising our unique content strength, aligned with attractive service and IT systems that provide a great customer experience.
- Work with and challenge UK and International Solutions Groups to deliver relevant solutions and specialist products, driving real value to our broader relationship with the account.
- Work with Sales Managers and Directors to identify and size opportunities for new market entrance and profitable brand/product extension. Will be capable, confident and willing to represent the company in "C" level customer meetings and new business pitches.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the features, advantages and benefits of all LexisNexis products, and be able to demonstrate them fully.
- Build credential customers and testimonials for new products, solutions and services, representing the customer's voice to the business, leading initiatives such as networking and brainstorming events.
- Collaborate closely with SLTs, Sales Leadership management group and operational teams, driving a "one team" mentality. Working alongside New Business teams to maximise opportunities in defined markets. Also, other stakeholder departments (eg. Product adoption, Editorial, Marketing, Credit control or Product Development) to ensure integrated customer care approach and market needs are being met.
- Ability to influence at Executive level and be a natural at developing cross-functional relationships.
- Proactively managing accounts to drive profitable sales, including a monthly review of the trading status of all accounts.
- Provision of ad hoc coaching and support to colleagues, including Account Managers and Service Managers.
- Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
- Adhere to planning, documentation and data recording in line with agreed methods
- Completion of customer activities and the updating of sales pipeline using the LexisNexis CRM system
- Timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports.
- Technical specialist in own area, may deliver specialist knowledge and input independently.
- Deals with day-to-day operational problems within own area and solves problems by making judgements.
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Specialist Knowledge / Skills Required
- Demonstrable sales achievement within a commercially driven environment, likely to have a mix of new business and account management sales experience.
- Excellent sales track record, having been responsible for delivery of large revenue targets, employing a client centric and profit-driven approach.
- Background in publishing or within an online complex solutions environment preferred, with a sound appreciation of information management technologies underpinning client requirements desirable.
- Ideally, experience negotiating six figure+ multi-year contracts with senior decision makers.
- Functional expert in their area of responsibility, adding value through applying this specialist knowledge proactively, operating with a high degree of autonomy.