Master Production Scheduler
An excellent opportunity for a Master Production Scheduler, our client conceives, designs and produces a diverse array of products that can be found in most homes, offices and vehicles. Founded in 1833 the company has made up of 17 business units, 20 000 employee-partners and 130 facilities in 19 countries. A strong emphasis on 'Total Shareholder Return’ we have a target of, and consistently achieve performance in the top third of S&P 500 with 46 consecutive annual increases in dividend yield.
The facility in Wales is located on the fringes of the Brecon Beacons National Park and with excellent road and rail links. The plant is only 15 miles from Swansea and the beautiful Gower peninsula and a little over 50 miles from Cardiff Airport. We have an organizational culture which recognizes the importance of work life balance.
The plant has attracted significant corporate and government investment, becoming a vertically integrated center of excellence in the manufacture of pneumatic seating systems. Not only can the organization boast an end user customer base which includes the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, but more recently our systems have been adopted by mainstream mass producers, which will take our turnover from £ 11m to £50m in a period of just 5 years.
We are a stable employer in the area for the last 50 years and comfortably achieving customer demand, we now candidates for key positions to support our impressive growth plans.
The Master Production Scheduler will be responsible for the scheduling of all production lines through the full utilization of the current ERP system (iScala). The person will lead the planning process team in the development and implementation of benchmark processes utilizing our ERP system and lean manufacturing techniques. Key to this is the creation of master schedules based on sequence and lead time of each operation, development of iScala generated inventory plans to maximize the plant’s running efficiency while minimizing labour and storage costs, and the development and analysis of longer term schedules to achieve plant KPI’s. The position will oversee the complete planning process, working within a team of 3 which includes a Logistics Coordinator and a Material Controller.
- Creates iScala Master Production Schedules for the plant ensuring customer requirements are fully met, whilst minimising cost and inventory to ensure company objectives are achieved.
- Coordinates and communicates the weekly production schedules to shop floor work centres using MRP generated Works orders.
- Works together with Operations department to ensure there is adequate capacity available to meet short term S&OP demand and longer term strategic plan.
- Assures that all related raw material and components will be available prior to scheduling and releasing weekly manufacturing orders.
- Monitors daily production outputs and ensures they are accurately reported in iScala.
- Ensures system data is accurate through regular maintenance of Bills of Material, Production routings, and system parameters.
- 5-10 years production planning experience in a fast-paced, multi-line manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years ERP system planning experience, with full understanding of Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP), Works Order Management (WO), and Inventory Management (IM).
- iScala ERP experience and knowledge preferred. Microsoft Dynamics ERP knowledge a bonus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Strong proactive approach is a must.
- Must display a high level of organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources as needed.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented focus and approach.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
Willingness to seek professional growth and development as the scope of the position increases