Mechanical Design Engineer - Horsham - £50k p/a
JOB TITLE Mechanical Installation Design Engineer (CHP)
SALARY £45-£50k p/a
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Installation Design Engineer to join our clients friendly Team, based in Horsham.
- The role will require you to produce Mechanical Engineering Design packages to enable successful installation, commissioning, operation and servicing of Combined Heat and Power Plants.
- Responsible for providing input and support throughout the full life cycle of a project from sales to Service. Whilst office based in Horsham, the role will require you to visit various installations on occasion.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Translate and develop conceptual designs into designs to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders, drawing out specifications, calculations and component selection. Take responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided to meet the timescales and quality standards required.
- Responsible for the production of project documentation such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process and Instrumentation diagrams, functional design specifications, technical specifications and equipment bill of materials and ensuring such documents are produced accurately and in the time frame requested.
- Responsibility for specifying, selection and requisition of materials and plant for use in the construction of the installation. (Heat exchangers, Pumps, Boilers, Chillers, Filters, Controls, Instrumentation)
- Liaise with CAD Designers, coordinating and leading activity in order to ensure that the design packages (Layouts, General Arrangements, Piping Drawings) are produced to the required timescales and standards of quality.
- Ensure that there is full adherence to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management policies and procedures in all work undertaken.
- Attend site for technical and layout surveys.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D experience is essential to perform in this role.
- Substantial experience of working in an associated industry, with a background in power generation (between 1-25MW).
- Experience in CHP, steam and chilled water applications.
- PC literate with MS Office suit and MS Project
- Some knowledge of civil and structural design is desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.