Infrastructure Network Engineer
An exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and growing software development company that is looking for enthusiastic professional to help drive its strategy forward.
The key objective of this role is to provide the business with the highest standard of systems and network infrastructure, excellent process development and adherence, the expansion of a stable and robust commercial hosting platform with a strong focus on quality and security throughout.
This role will involve working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver a broad spectrum of services.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and provide timely resolution for network, desktop/VDI infrastructure and other software/hardware related issues.
- Manage server infrastructure: Windows Server 2000-2012R2, SQL 2000-2012, MS Hyper-V
- Manage network infrastructure: Cisco switching, Sophos and GTA firewalls, fibre/CAT6 installation, rack management.
- Managed hosted data centre solutions
- Install and update the web applications as part of the development lifecycle of our hosted products.
- Administer and maintain telecommunications: including ISP, mobile devices and internal systems (client/voice mail accounts).
Outline of skills & experience
- Confident using core networking protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, NAT, VLAN, VPN etc
- Experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting highly available Microsoft Hyper-V clusters.
Deploying, configuring, managing and troubleshooting SQL server (2000-2012).
Experience with IP networking including inter-VLAN routing, complex firewall rulesets, NAT, IPS/IDS, application filtering, proxying and reverse proxying.
Experience with out of band management for switches, firewalls, servers and storage.
Competitive salary with benefits, including; 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, pension, private health care, parking and a great working environment.