I am working with a leading IT software and technology provider who have been growing their digital marketing team and are now looking to hire a Content Manager, based in Whitstable, Kent. If you have experience managing a business's content marketing and have a passion for writing, please get in touch.
The client are a global technology and software provider, working with businesses across a range of industries to provide SMS and software solutions. Based in Kent, they are looking to hire into their thriving marketing team. The role is a Content Manager position reporting into the Marketing Director. You will be the voice of the company and set the tone of all future content for the brands. We are looking for candidates who have a flare for writing and an ability to make complex and technical terminology appear engaging and innovative.
What will be required of you as Content Manager:
- You will manage the delivery of the agreed content pillar strategy. Working to produce 1 key piece of content (whitepaper, report, e-book) per quarter, which provides the basis for the content for that corresponding quarter.
- You will manage a multi-channel content campaign (social, blogs, opinion pieces and other supporting content) to bring the core content piece to life and through this dissemination, position the business as the key thought leader in the subject area.
- You will be responsible for running customer surveys that generate re-usable marketing content.
- You will enjoy researching to develop new content on specific areas, be it product or industry trends, working with contacts internal and external to the company to tell customer stories and bring use cases to life.
- You will recommend and test new media channels to continue to keep content flowing to the target audience in new and exciting ways.
Website and Online Presence
- Ownership of the business website(s) content. In particular, product content.
- Responsible for ensuring all content on the website is up-to-date and to a high standard. Working with Product Managers to ensure features and new innovations in the suite are reflected online.
- Provides different target markets and types of customers with timely and relevant content.
- Writing engaging, exciting and high quality content for the business is a must.
- Collaborating with the agency to ensure both the PR and content strategy are in sync.
- You will oversee specific customer communications (notifications and newsletters) to be sent out by the Marketing Co-ordinator.
- Working closely with the Marketing Co-ordinator on social content and development of this channel for the brands.
- Work closely with the Marketing Co-ordinator on social strategy.
- Attention to detail, strong written skills and the ability to make the complex technical products sound simple, is a must.
- Experience writing white papers, reports and blogs would be beneficial.
- Candidate must thrive on working in a fast paced Marketing department, working to deadlines and managing their own time effectively is essential.
- A passion for words and a flare for making technical products accessible a must.
- A background in writing for B2B, Technology, Messaging or PR would be advantageous.
- A product management / marketing background would be advantageous. Ideally educated to degree level in Marketing, Business, Journalism or English.
The role is offering a salary range of £30,0000-£35,000 plus company benefits