Food Safety and Quality Manager
The Opportunity is here to join one of the largest food manufacturers in the world! With incredible backing and a true handle on the market share, this company has gone from strength to strength, gaining multi awards and a reputation globally as a household name. It boasts over 15 products that individually have an annual turnover of around £500min a wider portfolio of over 100 products!
Role / Title
- To assure full compliance with Heinz policies and legal standards for food safety and food quality.
- To support implementation of new standards and continuous quality improvement plans.
- To develop, improve and review the effectiveness of the quality assurance system and Quality Risk Management Process and particularly The Golden Rules.
- To coordinate between local and regional/European level for quality issue management
Key Components of the role
- To develop, support and coordinate strategy for Site quality standards, for its suppliers to assure compliance with policies and systems.
- To identify and initiate quality improvement opportunities and projects to support Company's business plans and strategic objectives.
- Manage audit approval and improvement programs
- To direct and coordinate internal and external high level audits.
- To make technical decisions and recommendations on non-conforming ingredients, packaging, processes and finished products
- To execute compliance auditing and to coordinate the internal auditing system in order to ensure the quality assurance of internal manufacturing.
- To validate new developed products and processes against company requirements before release to market and to assure quality and food safety of new products and processes.
- To promote and develop programs for quality excellence and protection of product and brand value through QRMP and Golden Rules.
- To verify and validate customer and consumer complaints handling internally and externally.
- Significant experience in a quality management role within the food industry
- Extensive knowledge of quality management techniques and certifications such as HACCP, BRC, ISO
- University degree in food technology or other relevant food based scientific field
The Ideal candidate will be:
- Persistent and convincing, high credibility
- Able to communicate at all levels both verbally and written
- The ability to make independent key business judgments
- Ability to find your way in a complex business environment and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
If you have the experience and drive to be successful in this amazing opportunity please send your CV and application through to
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.